COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
CELLULOSE ACETATE (CA) FILTRATION MEMBRANE
POLYETHERSULFONE (PES) FILTRATION MEMBRANE
NYLON (NY) MEMBRANE
NITROCELLULOSE (NC) MEMBRANE
POLYVINYLIDENE DIFLUORIDE (PVDF) , MOLECULAR TRANSFER (BLOTTING) MEMBRANE
POLYVINYLIDENE FLUORIDE (PVDF) HYDROPHILIC - PVDF-PLUS™
POLYCARBONATE TRACK ETCHED (PCTE)
POLYESTER TRACK ETCHED (PETE)
The Healthcare Division of GVS produces a wide range of filters and components covering many aspects of Healthcare air and liquid filtration applications. These include products for anaesthesia, surgery insufflation and ventilation as well as blood filtration, transfusion, infusion and hemodialysis.
The traditional automatic insert-molding technology has been expanded by GVS to include other production technologies, such as multi-cavity insert and over-molding, pleating, potting and low compression injection, high-speed automatic assembly, ultrasonic, heat and radio-frequency welding, laser cutting and welding and ‘All-In-Mold’ technology, a revolutionary manufacturing technology combining injection molding and robotic assembly all within the molding tool. All of the GVS products are manufactured in a clean-room environment.
A large contribution to the development of Healthcare products comes from GVS's Scientific Laboratory, accredited with the Italian Ministry for Research (MIUR), which provides research and development support to the company divisions. This structure, equipped with advanced instruments and using sophisticated analytical methods, works closely with a number of international universities and hospitals and is a powerful element which contributes to the development of the group.
Life Sciences Division
GVS can partner with you to develop the filtration and separation solutions you need
Whether you are a researcher in a university laboratory or a scientist developing a new product, GVS Life Sciences can be your source for filtration and separation technologies. Our reputation for microporous membranes manufactured in-house coupled with world-class production capabilities is due to our history as a global leader in the production of a wide range of microporous membranes.
Our cost-effective, innovative solutions for a wide range of filtration applications include:
- Sample preparation
- Clarification or fine particulate removal
- Fluid sterilization
- Protein binding
- Protein transfer
- Nucleic acid binding
- Environmental control
Branded Products and OEM Capabilities
We offer a full range of branded products through a global network of dealers and distributors. We also make available all these capabilities on an OEM basis by working closely with companies around the world to provide state of the art materials solutions and/or turn-key final product solutions used in critical applications for the pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic, food & beverage and environmental monitoring markets. Products include:
- Syringe filters
- Capsule filters
- Liquid sample microbiology products
- Microporous filtration membranes
- Protein transfer membranes
- Nucleic acid binding membranes
- Protein microarray products
GVS world-class clean room production technologies include: multi-cavity insert and over-molding, pleating, potting and low compression injection molding, high-speed automatic assembly, ultrasonic, heat and radio-frequency welding and laser cutting and welding. GVS ‘All in-Mold’ technology is a revolutionary manufacturing technology combining injection molding and robotic assembly all within the molding tool.
Let GVS Life Sciences become your partner for practical laboratory solutions.
With more than 35 years' experience in automatic injection overmolding and insertmolding for high volumes products (from few million pcs/Year up to over 100 million pcs/Year, each single production line) and in high-precision mechanical processing, the automotive division of the GVS group successfully meets the requirements of their clients. GVS collaborates with its customers to achieve the required performances in the most effective way, supporting the industrialization of the product from design development, building and testing of prototyps and up to the industrial manufacturing using the most modern production techniques and automatizations.
GVS manufactures filters and components using a wide range of thermoplastic materials. Current production includes filters applied into ABS systems, transmission controls and solenoids, , high and low pressure gasoline injectors, high pressure common rail systems (diesel), oil circuits , fuel tanks applications (Prefilters, Fine Filters and sender unit) and also Urea filters Today GVS also has a leading positions as manufacturer of ventilation membranes and ventilation filters for mechatronics applications, sensors , CPU’s and Head-Foglamp lighting applications. Beside the filter production, GVS is also leader in manufacturing of throttle plates, gears and shafts for throttle body Applications
Today GVS has a global footprint, able to produce and deliver customers global platforms worldwide,
At GVS each new OEM product is designed ,developed and tested In-House together with the client's technical team to ensure projects are delivered efficiently and compliant to customers specififications
GVS design and manufacture a range of bespoke filtration products to fit any shape, size or performance level. Applications include vacuum cleaners, air cleaners, cookerhoods and de-humidifiers.
Recent research has shown the exhaust emissions of vacuum cleaners contains dusts, dirt, bacteria, dust mites and volatile organic compounds. This has resulted in a need to upgrade the filters to HEPA or ULPA standard to reduce the risk to users.
GVS provides not only the expertise in HEPA filter design and manufacture, but also offers a unique filter media - Bactiguard media - that simultaneously eradicates on contact the harmful micro-organisms collected.
Developing filter shapes beyond the conventional is well within the scope of GVS. The capability exists to provide cylinders, radials, conical and trepanned filters along with a variety of cut pads. These designs allow the higher performance filters to be fitted within the tight space envelop often available within these machines.
Clients are now offered the ability to have their entire vacuum cleaner tested to demonstrate the true effectiveness of filters designed and manufactured by GVS.
Respiratory Safety Division
GVS design and manufacture air filters for Safety to meet the most stringent controls to ensure that the products conform to the required standards throughout the world.
- Elipse Mask is the most innovative patented concept of re-usable mask, designed by GVS, being the lightest and most compact mask on the market. Elipse is made in UK and sold over 100 countries via distributors and GVS subsidiaries, conform to EN (EUROPE), NIOSH (USA), EAC (RUSSIA), CA (BRAZIL), LA (CHINA) standard and is pursuing certifications in 2016 in many other countries.
- GVS produce a very innovative range of disposable respirators using a technology protecting wearers against Biohazard risks, including agents of class 2 and 3 described in the CE directive 54/2000.
- In 2015, GVS has started production of disposable masks conform to CA in his facility in Brazil.
- In 2016, GVS complete the acquisition of SEGRE AB, swedish manufacturer of disposable masks.
- In 2016 GVS launch its new range of combined protection Elipse INTEGRA in Europe.
- GVS manufacture OEM filters for other Safety Producer in several locations around the world.
New innovative products are planned to be released in 2017 and beyond in order to answer to the market demand.
> Roll OEM Membranes
GVS Life Sciences provides OEM roll goods for filtration, life sciences, and environmental monitoring industries. All of our membranes are manufactured at our facilities in North America and Italy allowing for easy and cost-effective customization. Because we manufacture more types of membranes than any other company, we are able to partner with you for all of your OEM Membrane needs.
We manufacture Polyethersulfone (PES), Polycarbonate Track Etched (PCTE), Polyester Track Etched (PETE), Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF), Nylon (NY), Nitrocellulose (NC), Cellulose Acetate (CA) and Rigenerated Cellulose (RC) membranes, and we are recognized for our quality and responsiveness to customers.
GVS Life Sciences operates in a 27,500 m² state of the art manufacturing facility in Sanford, ME and a 6,000 m² membrane casting facility in Westborough, MA and 6,000 m² membrane casting facilities in Bologna, Italy.
- The Massachusetts and Maine facilities include eight membrane casting lines.
- The Maine facility includes nearly 6.000 m² of clean room for manufacturing space and 1.200 m² of R&D laboratories.
- The Bologna facility includes PVDF casting line, surface treating line, conversion capabilities, clean room and R&D laboratories.
- Membrane conversion capabilities, including both razor slitters and rotary shears, provides a broad range of standard and custom roll stock slit widths, from 0.64 cm (¼ inch) to master rolls up to 79 cm (31 inches); our expertise and quality control ensure strict adherence to the tight tolerances and performance specifications required for your applications.
- Manufacturing and production facilities are registered to the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
- Manufacturing clean rooms are rated to class 100,000.
- Products are manufactured under a Quality Management System that ensures lot-to-lot consistency, traceability and full accountability.
- Each roll stock order comes with a Certificate of Analysis showing the bubble point, flow rate and other specifications, as well as the actual data from that lot of material.
- Products are tested by outside laboratories to meet FDA regulations and other requirements.
- Most membranes have been tested for biocompatibility, toxicity, extractables and bacterial retention.